Bozeman Paragliding: Instructor Andy Macrae
ushpa advanced instructor and tandem instructor
Andy Macrae has been paragliding in Montana since 1997. He lives to fly and loves to teach others to fly. Andy enjoys mountain flying, speedflying, flatland flying, aerobatics, towing, hiking, tandems, competitions and “sled rides.”
Some of Andy's favorite flights include:
- The Montana state distance record flight of 125 miles, set in 2005 on a Gin Zoom (DHV-2)
- A 121 km (75 mile) triangle over the Chelan flatlands with numerous other pilots during a competition in 2008. 7 hours in duration on a Gin Boomerang Sport.
- The Utah Out-and-Return state record of 65 miles over the beautiful Wasatch range with 11 other pilots during a competition in 2009 on a Gin Boomerang 6.
- A 130 mile flight with Nate Scales and Jan Voegeli from Sun Valley, ID to Monida, MT in 2009 on a Gin Boomerang 6.
- The Florida state and East Coast (east of the Mississippi River) record of 115 miles, set in 2010 on a Gin Boomerang 6.
- Completing one of the longest (162.4km, 101 mile) tasks in US Nationals history in Texas in 2011 on a Gin Boomerang 8.
- Winning a 141km (88 mile) US Nationals task in Texas in 2011 on a Gin Boomerang 8.
Check out Andy’s latest paragliding adventures at Andy’s Blog
Or catch Andy during a flight with his SPOT live tracker at Andy's SPOT
You can also find Andy on these social networks: